Vertical Blinds – Inside Mount
- Measure the exact width (left to right) of the inside edge of the window frame in three places (top, middle and bottom).
- Take the smallest of the three measurements.
- Write down that size making sure that it is the first number of the measurement. This is the width you will order.
- The factory will make all necessary deductions to allow for mounting brackets. Production department will deduct 10mm on width.
- Please be sure to measure exactly as instructed BUT NOT TAKE OFF ANYTHING FROM THE MEASUREMENTS TO ALLOW FOR FREE SPACE since we automatically take deductions from the measurements on your order to provide for this free space.
- If you are planning to do a flush mount, please ensure that you have the space required to do so–you’ll find the ‘Flush mounting space required’ under the Features tab for your blinds.
- Measure the exact height (top to bottom) from the top inside edge down to the window sill in three places.
- Take the largest of the three measurements.
- Write down that size making sure that it is the second number of the measurement. This is the height you will order.
- Keep in mind that height includes headrial. Vanes will be about 15mm smaller than height ordered but when attached to headrial it will total to height ordered.
- Production department will deduct 10mm on height. Total deduction for vanes will be 15mm.
- Width and length measurements may vary 5mm.
Vertical Blinds – Outside Mount
- Measure the exact width (left to right) of the wooden or metal window frame or how wide you would like the blind or shade to be.
- Make sure to measure wide enough as to cover the entire window and provide maximum light gap coverage. Example: If the window opening is 720mm, it might be helpful to order 760mm. This will provide 20mm coverage on each side of the window.
- There is no rule on the width of blinds other than to make sure that it is wide enough to cover the opening.
- Write down that size making sure that it is the first number of the measurement.
- Measure the height you would like the blind to be by measuring top to bottom.
- We recommend adding about 40mm or 50mm to this number to insure maximum light gap coverage and to cover the window completely.
- Please be sure to know that the height measurement will always include the headrail.
Example: if the height ordered is 800mm this will be the height including the headrail (from the very top of the headrail to the bottom rail). The vanes will be about 30mm smaller than height ordered so when attached to headrial it will total to height ordered.
- You will want to mount the headrail above the window frame. Please make a note that some windows have trim that might interfere with mounting so it’s important to measure above the trim if this is the case.
- Headrail is 20mm in height.
- Width and length measurements may vary 5mm